Scheduling Assistant with Multiple Calendars RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Outlook 2016 with Office 365.

I have two calendars.

• Calendar (default)
    • Personal (Which I added)

In Outlook 2016 I can create a overlay view and see both appointments.

But when I go to create a new appointment I click on the scheduling assistant to see if there are any conflicts.

The issue is that I only see the appointments and meetings from my Calendar (default) and not any from my Personal calendar.

How do I get the scheduling assistant to see appointments from my multiple calendars?

Friday, June 2, 2017 10:42 AM

Answers

• the scheduling assistant uses free busy and only the default calendar publishes free busy. You cant change this - you can add other calendars to view in overlay mode to pick available times or use the recommended method : add personal items to your default calendar and mark them private (so others can only see the time, not the subject). 

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Outlook Tips
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, June 5, 2017 3:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Adrian Halid Monday, June 5, 2017 3:08 AM
    Sunday, June 4, 2017 4:54 PM

All replies

• the scheduling assistant uses free busy and only the default calendar publishes free busy. You cant change this - you can add other calendars to view in overlay mode to pick available times or use the recommended method : add personal items to your default calendar and mark them private (so others can only see the time, not the subject). 

Outlook Tips

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, June 5, 2017 3:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Adrian Halid Monday, June 5, 2017 3:08 AM
    Sunday, June 4, 2017 4:54 PM
  • I have the same issue. I run two calendars - one for appointments and another which is a feed from our university timetabling system. 

Scheduling assistant is greatly compromised because it only shows my main calendar. It's the same when others look for free slots in my diary. They assume I am free when in fact I am teaching.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 3:06 PM

Outlook Tips

I'm using Outlook 2013 and this is the behavior I'm seeing. Can you advise on tools that may sync with Google Calendar accurately? I use color coding (blue work, green personal)... I take it color would not be different even if one originates from Google Calendar vs Exchange? 

(I've been frustrated for decades forced to use Microsoft Outlook in a work environment and dealing with sub-par email and calendar features like this. )

Monday, January 14, 2019 4:36 AM
  • I have the same issue. I run two calendars - one for appointments and another which is a feed from our university timetabling system. 

Scheduling assistant is greatly compromised because it only shows my main calendar. It's the same when others look for free slots in my diary. They assume I am free when in fact I am teaching.

Its been like this since Outlook 97 (if not earlier). You'd think after 20 years, Microsoft would get the hint and actually build some proper integration with free/busy schedule with the major calendar providers (e.g. Apple & Google). Satya Nadella, are you listening?
    Monday, January 14, 2019 4:55 AM
  • It is pretty inexcusable that this does not work... MS took maybe be best business application on the market, Outlook, and completely ruined it.  Outlook used to work perfectly with many email accounts and many calendars... not it doesn't work at all with even 2 email accounts and 2 calendars... I HAVE to use MS at work, and it is abysmal!
    Friday, October 4, 2019 1:35 PM