none
Set status manager by default RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

when I create a project in project server, I would like to set Status Manager to be the same person who created project. In some situations, it sets some other person...

So, my question is also: how microsoft project server define Status Manager on creating new projets?

Thanks,

Milan

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Milan,

Can you be more precise about "some situations"? Normally the project creator is the project owner and the status manager.

What are those situations? Can you identify specificities? What is your creation process? Automatic creation through a workflow, template, project type usage..?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 11:38 AM
  • Hi Milan, If you create a new Project on base of an Enterprise template it will take care of the Status Manager defined in the template. If the Status Manager should be the one who is creating the project take care to save the enterprise template with the selection "do not save Project Information already stored or published (not sure about the exact wording - sorry no client available at the moment) on the Project Server.

Regards,

Gerd

Gerd Walter

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 4:21 PM
  • Hi Gerd,

sorry for late answer.

Actually, I understand what you are trying to tell me. We created our custom project template.

Can you please tell me where can I change the information about Status Manager?

Kind regards,

Milan

Friday, January 13, 2017 9:34 AM
  • Hi Guillaume, 

sorry for late answer. 

So, my process of creating project is through defined enterprise project type.

When I click on it to edit, I can't find information where the default Status Manager is defined.

Friday, January 13, 2017 9:47 AM
  • Hi Milan,

I was not award of the solution proposed by Gerd, meaning that the status manager is the one who created the template. From what I know, the status manager is the one creating the project (and not the template). This is often asked by customer, but you cannot defined the status manager. 

Bu default, it is the project creator and if it is needed to change it (if the project manager is not the one who created the project), then the user who needs to be status manager has to open the project in Project Pro, insert the "status manager" column and set his name on all existing tasks. This is a one-time operation, after this, any new task created by the PM will have him as the status manager.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, January 13, 2017 10:39 AM