none
Language Pack - Korean not functioal in Office 2007 Enterprise/WinXP SP3 RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased (from official microsoft site) , downloaded and installed the Language Pack for Korean for use with Office 2007 Enterprise.  I'm running WinXP Pro/SP3 on Athlon 64 2.0Ghz cpu/2Gb RAM/80GB hard drive space.   I have no problems running XP or running Office 2007.  After configuring XP for multilanguage support, I ran the Language Pack setup file (an .exe file - I don't have the filename handy just now, but it started with X12-??????.exe) which seems to have completed successfully, (i.e. I received a popup written in Korean to which I clicked 'OK'.)  Then I rebooted my machine.   I then attempted to configure Office 2007 to operate in Korean.  However, when opening the "Microsoft Office Language Settings 2007" dialog box, I do not see the "Language Display" tab as expected and required. Setup was run using "admin" credentials.  From the "Language Settings 2007" dialog box, I can only add Korean with limited support as an "enabled editing language" via the "Editing Language" tab.  It's as if the Language Pack I purchased is not even installed.  Can someone shed some light on what my problem might be?  Are there compatibility issues at play?

Monday, November 22, 2010 9:58 PM