Outlook 2016: New function when pressing ONENOTE button in outlook appointment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I use Office 2016 O365 installed on PC.

For every meeting I have, I just push ONENOTE button in appointment and I get a page i OneNote - now connected to my appointment. My OneNote book is placed on my SSD.

But suddenly I experience that when I press the ONENOTE button in an appointment, I am asked to login and cannot choose a local file anymore.

Am I the only one who experience that?

I look forward to hear your experiences.

Regards

Jørgen

• Moved by Steve Fan Tuesday, December 12, 2017 2:27 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Monday, December 11, 2017 1:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Jørgen,

Please first try opening OneNote, go to File > Options > Send to OneNote, make sure the following option is not set to a specific notebook. Try changing the setting to "Always ask where to send" and then see whether this issue continues.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 5:37 AM
  • Hi Steve

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately I have checked and worked with these settings.

When I press the OneOne button in an appointment, it log me in and show the picsture below:

When I choose the notebook shown, it says that it cannot be found.

Perhaps I need to find a way to reset settings. I have triede to reinstall O365/Office 2016, but no luck

Regards

Jørgen

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:35 AM
  • Hi Jørgen,

Please go to File > Account in OneNote and see whether you have the correct services connected in OneNote. We may also try to remove all services, sign out OneNote, and then sign in and add these services back to see the result.

Besides, it's also recommended to remove the credential cache regarding the account showing in the image you provide from Control Panel > Credential Manager. Then, open OneNote and test again.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, December 29, 2017 9:38 AM
    Thursday, December 28, 2017 9:30 AM