none
Windows 10 START MENU , search bar , setting app , update problems& problems RRS feed

• Question

• I recently updated to windows 10 from windows 10 preview now i am facing several problems 

Is windows 10 is a huge bundle of Bugs and errors? 

i am using hp 1207sx core i3  (2.40GHZ) .......4 GB Ram

high graphics 1366 x 768 resolution intel HD graphics

1 start menu is not appearing it appears too late ( much time consuming  )  

2 search bar is not working its not appear or if it appear it consumes much time 

3 setting app is automatically closed when i start update 

Sunday, September 13, 2015 10:00 AM

Answers

• Hi Bilal Zahid,

First of all, please ensure the machine has got the latest updates.
    Then we could take the following steps to have a troubleshoot.
    1. Run "sfc /scannow" or "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" to check the health of system files.
    2.Run the built-in troubleshoot tool to have a diagnostic.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories\Windows Store app
    3.Open an administrator powershell command line and run the following command line to register the store apps.
    Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4.If the issue persists, please login with another account or create a new one to have a check.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:02 AM

All replies

• Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM (if necessary) if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
    Should you have any questions please ask us.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Sunday, September 13, 2015 11:54 AM
  • Hi Bilal Zahid,

First of all, please ensure the machine has got the latest updates.
    Then we could take the following steps to have a troubleshoot.
    1. Run "sfc /scannow" or "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" to check the health of system files.
    2.Run the built-in troubleshoot tool to have a diagnostic.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories\Windows Store app
    3.Open an administrator powershell command line and run the following command line to register the store apps.
    Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4.If the issue persists, please login with another account or create a new one to have a check.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:02 AM