Add Bluecoat AV to Network Policy and Access Services RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been trying to add a Bluecoat AV equipment in my test Radius Server (NPS) running on Windows 2008 Enterprise R2. My problem is this, my test user does not authenticate and the generated log is this:

Reason Code: 65

Reason: "The Network Access Permission setting in the dial-in properties of the user account in Active Directory is set to Deny access to the user. To change the Network Access Permission setting to either Allow access or Control access through NPS Network Policy, obtain the properties of the user account in Active Directory Users and Computers, click the Dial-in tab, and change Network Access Permission."

Now I have double checked the Dial-in Tab of my test user in the active directory and under the Network Access Permission, the "Control access through NPS Network Policy" is selected.

I have even ticked the option "Ignore user account dial-in properties" in my NMS policy but still the same error.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Regards,

Toad

Thursday, March 12, 2015 3:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I want to confirm with you that if the user can be authenticated and authorized connection by NPS without Bluecoat AV equipment?

When multiple network policies are configured and enabled in NPS, they are an ordered set of rules. NPS checks each connection request against the first rule in the list, then the second, and so on, until a match is found. Check to see if you have checked the option "Ignore user account dial-in properties" of all policies.

Besides, I recommend you to contact with the vendor of Bluecoat AV, and confirm with then that if the device is compatible with Windows Server(NPS).

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 13, 2015 7:31 AM