No Packages in the Packages XML (Publisher events 102 and 103) RRS feed

• Question

• AAll     All I get from my shiny new Server 2012 App-V 5-SP3 Publishing Server URL is -

===

- <Publishing
         Protocol
    ="1.0">

<Packages />

</Publishing>

==

Eventlogs on the publishing server show events 102 and 103, both of which are suggestive of problems communicating between the publisher, and the management server (running on the same box.)

I haven't seen another post exactly like this one (no client errors at all, just no packages.)

Any whitepapers that describes more of what's happening between the publisher and management server (and the database on another server) would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome me back and then help!!

d

• Edited by d.Stutt Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:56 PM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:37 PM

Answers

• I finally found it, and I'm posting it here for posterity. 

Indeed, the Publisher could not talk to the Management server, and after hours of troubleshooting and Googling I found that the reason was because the publisher was referencing :888">HttpS://<servername>:888.  Reconfigured the site in IIS to bind to HTTP, and life is good.

Do I get points for answering myself?  :D

d

• Marked as answer by d.Stutt Friday, March 6, 2015 11:56 AM
    Friday, March 6, 2015 11:55 AM

All replies

• I finally found it, and I'm posting it here for posterity. 

Indeed, the Publisher could not talk to the Management server, and after hours of troubleshooting and Googling I found that the reason was because the publisher was referencing :888">HttpS://<servername>:888.  Reconfigured the site in IIS to bind to HTTP, and life is good.

Do I get points for answering myself?  :D

d

• Marked as answer by d.Stutt Friday, March 6, 2015 11:56 AM
    Friday, March 6, 2015 11:55 AM
  • Hi d,

I have the exact same Problem that there are no packages shown on my Server. Could you please give me a short hin where you have found the false binding?

Thanks,
    Michael

Monday, March 16, 2015 5:57 AM