Messages hidden in Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Several times a day in Outlook 2016 I successfully download messages from a pop server, some of which are then not visible in the Inbox. When I search for a 'lost' message it appears in the search list. Sometimes it stays put there, but often it flashes up and then becomes invisible again. I have tried advice of various kinds, but the only reliable way I've found of "trapping" it in the Inbox is to close and reopen Outlook, which I am sick of doing. I stress that this is not a filtering issue. I have checked and no filter is being applied.

Microsoft what is going on? This problem has been reported on various forums over time. I had the same issue intermittently in Outlook 2013 but not to the same extent. I hoped that upgrading (and paying extra) for Outlook 2016 would help but instead the problem is much worse. I am missing work emails and coming late to conversations, which is embarrassing and far from professional.
    Monday, March 26, 2018 8:00 AM

All replies

• Several times a day in Outlook 2016 I successfully download messages from a pop server, some of which are then not visible in the Inbox. When I search for a 'lost' message it appears in the search list. Sometimes it stays put there, but often it flashes up and then becomes invisible again. I have tried advice of various kinds, but the only reliable way I've found of "trapping" it in the Inbox is to close and reopen Outlook, which I am sick of doing. I stress that this is not a filtering issue. I have checked and no filter is being applied.

Microsoft what is going on? This problem has been reported on various forums over time. I had the same issue intermittently in Outlook 2013 but not to the same extent. I hoped that upgrading (and paying extra) for Outlook 2016 would help but instead the problem is much worse. I am missing work emails and coming late to conversations, which is embarrassing and far from professional.
    Monday, March 26, 2018 8:01 AM
  • Hi Moruya,

Before going further, could you please clarify the following questions then we can help you better?

1. Does this issue only occur to your POP account?
    2. Have you checked in the webmail to see if the issue also exists there? 

Besides, if possible, it would be better that you could share the links of other threads you have seen reporting the same issue then our community members can understand better about the problem and share their thoughts here. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 3:12 AM
  • Do you have your email configured in multiple devices with pop ?

S_K_P

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 3:31 AM