Issues setting up backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am installing Attix5 single mail box backup and restore on a 2003 server. It software seems to use exmerge of which I greated an account sometime ago with access to backup any mailbox.

When trying to setup the software I get told to make sure the account used for backup has trustees with Send-As and Receive-As rights set to Allow. It gives me a box telling me the user I have used in the passed is set to deny for these.

Can anyone advise me on what trustees are and how to set permissions

Thanks

Glenn

Monday, January 9, 2012 11:57 AM

Answers

• Those permissions are simply an alternative way of having full access to the mailbox. If the account has full mailbox access permission then that is all that it needs, I wouldn't like a backup account to have Send As, it has no need for those permissions unless the product is doing something else. "Trustees" sounds like a poor translation of permissions.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Monday, January 9, 2012 4:06 PM

All replies

• Those permissions are simply an alternative way of having full access to the mailbox. If the account has full mailbox access permission then that is all that it needs, I wouldn't like a backup account to have Send As, it has no need for those permissions unless the product is doing something else. "Trustees" sounds like a poor translation of permissions.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Monday, January 9, 2012 4:06 PM
  • It can vary from different softwares and how they have been developed.  It seems like the account you have may be a member of a privledge group which has an access denied or the account you're using hasn't been setup correctly.

Sukh
    Monday, January 9, 2012 6:02 PM
  • Hi Glenn

Any update on this thread?

Maybe you can have a look on the FAQ on ATTIX5 Single Mailbox Recovery (SMR) Exmerge notes, it talks about permissions to all the mailboxes of exmerge.

http://faq.attix5.com/kb/?View=entry&EntryID=73

Cheers

Zi Feng

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:04 AM
  • Sorry for the delay all. I have had a few serious issues to resolve before coming back to this.

I must admit that I gave up and scrapped it in the end. I have a support account created which I setup to allow access to all the mailboxes for exmerge access. I can backup fine with exmerge but with the attix add in using this account it would never work. Be had the license refunded along with the full backup license as it took too long to do a once a week full backup of 66gb.

Thanks all for you help

Glenn

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:02 AM