SFB Migration 3rd Party Host > SFB Online : Meeting Update Tool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are in the works of migrating off our 3rd party SFB hosting provider to O365. One of the points we have come across is the SBF Meeting updater tool that MSFT has. I have a test domain that is purely cloud based and I tried to update the current SFB meetings I have in my outlook with the tool to use the SFB Cloud account meetings, but that did not work as it should. The tool tells me to login to Lync/Skype although I am already logged in with the cloud SFB Account.

Any ideas?

Thursday, May 10, 2018 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, I understand that you want to use Meeting update tool to update the meeting, but when you use this tool, it will reports the error, right?

Would you please tell us what error message did you receive?
    What’s your PC’s operation system version, and what’s your SFB and outlook client version?

For your situation, we suggest you make sure the Meeting update tool is the latest version.
    Try to exit the SFB client then delete user cache file, then reboot SFB client check again.

Here is a blog for your reference
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Meeting-Update-Tool-for-Skype-for-Business-and-Lync-2b525fe6-ed0f-4331-b533-c31546fcf4d4?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
    https://ucmart.uk/2016/11/15/skype-for-business-meeting-migration-update-tool/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, May 14, 2018 7:50 AM
    Friday, May 11, 2018 5:23 AM
  • Hi.

Are you using Exchange Online or on-premises?

If the organiser mailbox is on Exchange Online, you could let the Meeting Migration Service handle the meeting updates?

https://x500.co.uk/2018/05/03/skype-for-business-online-meeting-migration-service-mms/

Hope this helps,

Steve.

Monday, May 21, 2018 10:24 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates? If the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 7, 2018 10:12 AM