Word 2007 Template RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone,

I've create a Word templete that is used by a appilcation.   The template contains headers, body and sections.  The template are password proctected.  The application opens the template get information from database unlocks the header and footer sections with no problems and  writes data to these fields and locks it back. 

I want to allow the user to delete a page 3 that is designed as optional.  My question is how do i protect the current pages (1-2) and allow one page to be deleted in a template that is protected by a password without provide them with a password.  I am able to remove the content on the page but I am unable to delete the page.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    DevMiket

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 6:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Is there have Space or Enter symbols in the Page 3 ? If there has, please select all space and Enter symbols and delete test if it works.

This is cannot accomplish that only lock 2 pages, and let user edit others page.

Maybe Restrict Permission would help you:

Restrict Permission enables you to limit the functionality of a document while still allowing others to view it, and, if they have the necessary permissions, work with it. For example, you might want to set options that block the print or copy commands so that others cannot print copies of your document or copy and paste sections into other files.

NOTE    The Restrict Permission feature is available only in 2007 Microsoft Office Ultimate, available through retail outlets, or 2007 Microsoft Office Professional Plus and 2007 Microsoft Office Enterprise, both available through volume licensing.

"Protect your documents in Word 2007"

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/protect-your-documents-in-word-2007-HA010235484.aspx?CTT=1

Best Regards,

William Zhou CHN

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 5, 2012 7:02 AM