Display 'All' selected memeber in a scorecard showing a total row for each memeber within All memeber - Dashboard designer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have a Dimension with the following hierarchy called Organization: Building - Department - Office

The default member of the Organization hierarchy is 'All'. 

I have used this hierarchy as Dashboard designer filter and this filter is conected with a scorecard with many KPIs. The problem is that when the user selects 'All' (in the filter), the Scorecard has to display the information in the following way:

Information will be shown by Department within Measure with a total row for each Measure:

KPI 1

First Building  

Second Building

Third Building

etc...

KPI 2

First Building  

Second Building

Third Building

etc...

Is there any way to do it? Any idea will be welcome

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Joss

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:58 AM

Answers

• What i understand is that on selection of 'All' you need to get the result that you be something like what is visible by selecting all 'Building' levels on filter. Whereas the default behavior is that 'All' displays an aggregation of all nodes.

If so, what you could do is when connecting the filter to your scorecard you have a button to edit filter link formula. There you could specify any MDX logic that you need to pass on to the target artifact. I think this syntax would work:

IIF ( <<SourceValue>>.Level.Name = '(All)', <<SourceValue>>.Children, <<SourceValue>>)

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by Joss83 Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:21 AM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:38 AM

All replies

• How about using a conditional MDX on filter link formula where when 'All' is selected you pass on [Building].Members.
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:27 AM
  • Hi Umair,

Thank you very much for your answer. I am a bit new with the Dashboard designer. What are you referring with 'conditional MDX on filter link formula'?

Again thanks for your time an help,

Best regards,

Joss

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:56 AM
  • What i understand is that on selection of 'All' you need to get the result that you be something like what is visible by selecting all 'Building' levels on filter. Whereas the default behavior is that 'All' displays an aggregation of all nodes.

If so, what you could do is when connecting the filter to your scorecard you have a button to edit filter link formula. There you could specify any MDX logic that you need to pass on to the target artifact. I think this syntax would work:

IIF ( <<SourceValue>>.Level.Name = '(All)', <<SourceValue>>.Children, <<SourceValue>>)

• Marked as answer by Joss83 Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:21 AM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:38 AM
  • Thank you very much Umair. It worked for me

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:21 AM