Samsung Tablet XE700T1C-A02US Keyboard Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I had an issue with the keyboard on my first one - the "2" key would work about 80% of the time.

I returned it to the Microsoft Store and got a new one.  Now, the keyboard sometimes will not type, sometimes it catches up with me.  Sometimes when I bring the pen close to the screen, you will see Control or Shift (but I am not pressing them).

I thought this was supposed to be one of the better models.  I don't want to keep taking it back to the store and exchanging it.

It is 64bit, 4G RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz.

I sometimes here a "dong", like an error is happening, but I am only trying to type.

The onscreen keyboard will usually work, 80% of the time. 

What do you need to see what is happening?  I am using eSet Smart Security 6.

The Samsung software / firmware is up to date.  I called Samsung and they were pretty useless.  They walked me thru downloading the already installed update, which seemed to mess up a lot of their installed updates.  SW made me re-install almost everything all over again.

Thank you!

Sunday, April 28, 2013 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try enabling Filter Keys feature.

1. Press WindowsKey then press WindowsKey+W and type 'filter keys' (without quotes) to open Set up Filter Keys window.

Alternatively open Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center\Set up Filter Keys\

2. Setup the filter keys there, set your repeat and slow keys and configure bounce keys.

Read here for details: http://www.instantfundas.com/2012/03/8-cool-windows-settings-hidden-under.html

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...

• Edited by Exotic Hadron Monday, April 29, 2013 12:28 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:40 AM
    Monday, April 29, 2013 12:26 AM
  • Thanks, there were a few things that were not there, so I made a screen shot and will post later.  It seems to be working a bit better.

I just wish the anoying beeping would stop.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 4:53 AM
  • This is what I have right now:

Set Up Filter Keys

I don't know if the first box needs to be checked or not.  I checked the second one and it seemed to be OK for a bit. But now, it is acting up again.  For example, sometimes  see the CNTL even though I do not have that pressed.

Monday, May 6, 2013 11:29 PM
  • I had an issue with the keyboard on my first one - the "2" key would work about 80% of the time.

I returned it to the Microsoft Store and got a new one.  Now, the keyboard sometimes will not type, sometimes it catches up with me.  Sometimes when I bring the pen close to the screen, you will see Control or Shift (but I am not pressing them).

I thought this was supposed to be one of the better models.  I don't want to keep taking it back to the store and exchanging it.

It is 64bit, 4G RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz.

I sometimes here a "dong", like an error is happening, but I am only trying to type.

The onscreen keyboard will usually work, 80% of the time. 

What do you need to see what is happening?  I am using eSet Smart Security 6.

The Samsung software / firmware is up to date.  I called Samsung and they were pretty useless.  They walked me thru downloading the already installed update, which seemed to mess up a lot of their installed updates.  SW made me re-install almost everything all over again.

Thank you!

I had the same issues with that device. The connector between the keyboard and the tablet is poorly designed and the beep you're hearing is the usb connecting\disconnecting.

It's that bad that Samsung have a utility pre-installed that will disable the sound for you. This doesn't however fix the design flaw. I ended up sending mine back for a full refund and replacing it with a dell xps 12 for the same cost but with twice the ram & ssd size along with an i7 as opposed to the i5.

British Airways Inspiration App & rara music

Friday, May 10, 2013 10:53 AM