Any apps to enable more color customization for Windows 7 interface? RRS feed

• Question

• Windows 7's default UI customization feature set is lacking and incomplete.  Any apps that can solve this?

Personally, I would be interested in an app for Windows 7 that will allow changing the "glow" color around the text of windows' titles.  Because I use a dark theme and the current unchangeable white glow clashes with my dark theme.  I would like to be able to set that glow to black and my windows’ title text to white.

Additionally, there is a permanent light blue tinting on a lot of the Windows 7 UI.  I would prefer to set that to gray so it can fit universally with any color theme.  Or better, be able to adjust the color of the tinting.

And then there is the green progress bar--I personally would prefer to be able to set that to a blue.  Or better, be able to set that to any color.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 9:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To set the color of Windows Title bar, please go to Windows Color and Appearance to check the result.

Right click desktop -> Personalization -> Windows Color -> in the item list, choose Active Title Bar -> change its color 1 and 2

To change the color of the tinting, please refer to the following steps.

1. Make sure your computer's brightness is on full.

2. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Display.

3. On the left bar, click Calibrate Color.

4. Follow on the on screen instructions to correct your gamma.

5. After you're done with this, on the next screen click "Skip brightness and contrast adjustment"

6. Click next, then you'll l be on the color balance adjustment screen, which is where you will correct the blue tint.

The slider on the right where the color blue is located, slide the slider to the left 3 notches. Adjust as needed based on your screen.

7. On the next page you'll have the ability to switch between what you had it on previously and what you set it to.

To set the green progress bar to blue, please see if the following article is helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/19207-blue-progressbars-windows-7-a.html

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, April 29, 2011 9:44 AM
    Monday, April 25, 2011 3:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To set the color of Windows Title bar, please go to Windows Color and Appearance to check the result.

Right click desktop -> Personalization -> Windows Color -> in the item list, choose Active Title Bar -> change its color 1 and 2

To change the color of the tinting, please refer to the following steps.

1. Make sure your computer's brightness is on full.

2. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Display.

3. On the left bar, click Calibrate Color.

4. Follow on the on screen instructions to correct your gamma.

5. After you're done with this, on the next screen click "Skip brightness and contrast adjustment"

6. Click next, then you'll l be on the color balance adjustment screen, which is where you will correct the blue tint.

The slider on the right where the color blue is located, slide the slider to the left 3 notches. Adjust as needed based on your screen.

7. On the next page you'll have the ability to switch between what you had it on previously and what you set it to.

To set the green progress bar to blue, please see if the following article is helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/19207-blue-progressbars-windows-7-a.html

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, April 29, 2011 9:44 AM
    Monday, April 25, 2011 3:02 AM
  • Thank you for the help. I miss the feature in previous versions of Windows that allowed users to select the color of each element of the desktop. I hope Microsoft will provide such a tool again. But your suggestion is very helpful for now.
    Tuesday, February 18, 2014 7:04 PM