Skype4B hangs on incoming calls RRS feed

• Question

• Very often, when I get incoming calls, skype shows the toaster and then Skype just hangs. If I let it stay hanging, it starts working again after like 1 minute, but the call is lost unless I take the call on my phone

I'm getting so tired of this as it's been haunting my Skype for months. I feel I have tried everything. I've also tried both C2R (version 1808) and Office 2016 MSI-installer versions (both 32bit). They are both failing me.

What can I do?

Monday, September 24, 2018 11:55 AM

Answers

• In registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Communicator\SessionManager\Apps , I had an old app present that I no longer had installed. I have deleted all these keys under Apps and have not had this problems for some days now. I hope this have fixed my problem, but I will test a bit longer before I am sure.   The app was Telenor Intouch. Now all is okay!

• Marked as answer by HAL07 Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:43 AM
    • Edited by HAL07 Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:43 AM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi HAL07,

About this issue, I want to confirm the following situations with you:
    How many users in your environment have this issue, just specific user or most of users?
    Do you mean the SFB in your phone not have this issue?
    Which type of the call have this issue, PSTN call or Skype call?
    Are there any errors when this issue occurred in your SFB client?

If this issue only occurred in the specific user, you could try to delete the cache at first to check whether could fix this issue:
    SFB client cache file: %Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX
    SFB Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\XXX

Best Regard,
    Evan
    • Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Wednesday, September 26, 2018 7:02 AM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:22 AM
  • thanks. it looks promising. but i will need a few days more to test
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 8:16 AM
  • Hi HAL07,

Fine, if there’s any update please let us know.

In addition, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, September 27, 2018 8:19 AM
  • In registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Communicator\SessionManager\Apps , I had an old app present that I no longer had installed. I have deleted all these keys under Apps and have not had this problems for some days now. I hope this have fixed my problem, but I will test a bit longer before I am sure.   The app was Telenor Intouch. Now all is okay!

• Marked as answer by HAL07 Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:43 AM
    • Edited by HAL07 Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:43 AM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2018 6:55 AM