0x80070241 Error when i install Vista.HELP ME RRS feed

• Question

• today, i try to install the windows vista, but when it copying the file into the harddisk, about 50%, it show the error 0x80070241, then the installation stopped,

i have check in the google for the solve way,
    i have try  ,
    1.Use the Winhex edit the dll file method.
    2. RE download the winodws
    3. Use low speed to burn the vista to a dvd, (many times)
    4. use daemon tool or alochol to run the iso image
    5. and run the setup file in c drive..

all the way doesnt work..

waht should i do now..

should i buy a new pc for vista-_-

I cant install the Vista,I want to die
    Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Joeian,

I'd like to confirm whether the Windows Vista you download form internet is a legit copy.

If it is not, I suspect the reason why Winows Vista does not install properly is because the hashes (MD5, CRC) are incorrect to Microsoft's MSDN one and therefore not the original copy... to fix it you need to get legit microsoft copy.

--------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Joeian,

I'd like to confirm whether the Windows Vista you download form internet is a legit copy.

If it is not, I suspect the reason why Winows Vista does not install properly is because the hashes (MD5, CRC) are incorrect to Microsoft's MSDN one and therefore not the original copy... to fix it you need to get legit microsoft copy.

--------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:49 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!
    --------------------
    Regards,
    Eric Zhang

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 1:52 AM