none
MS Project Online - Resources Overllocated RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

When using same resource pool for MS Project Online I get over allocated resources when the work two project. No task for resource are at the same time.

Before I used MS project local on computer and then was not problem with overallocated but when did same on MS Project Online I got overallocated resource for resources in one project but not in other.

Friday, July 5, 2019 11:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How do you see if the resource is overallocated? You have a red man next to the task or resource? Can you share an example or capture?

The resource might be overallocated because it has a specific overallocation on a single day, enve if it is not overallocated on a longer period such as the week or month. You can go in the resource tab, leveling options to check the granularity of t he overallocation detection. 

Then also check the resource working time, based on its calendar. If the resource has a 7.5hrs/d working time and you assign it at 8hrs/d, it will be overallocated. 

You can see that there can be many different causes. My advice would be to use the resource usage view combined with the resource graph to better identify the source of overallocations.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, July 5, 2019 11:54 AM