Anonymous web site and portal login RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im publishing an anonymous application through UAG, I would ideally like to use an exisiting Trunk which has portal authentication switched on within the Trunk Configuration.  I think that the only way to achieve this is to switch off portal authentication within the trunk configuration, which means I would have to use a seperate trunk for anonymous application and authenticated application?

Thanks

Alex

Cheers Alex
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:08 AM

Answers

• Thanks Alex

I prefered the authenticated applications to use the portal authentication so I ended up going with the two seperate trunks.

Cheers

Hod

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, August 26, 2011 10:40 PM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 8:30 AM

All replies

• I believe you should be able to define a repository on the Authentication or Authorisation tabs on a per application basis, even though the trunk is defined as anonymous...if not, then yes, you will need separate trunks...

Cheers

JJ

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd | My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:22 AM
  • Thanks Jason,

I will take a look.

Cheers

Alex

Cheers Alex
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:47 AM
  • Hi Jason,

So I tried what you suggested and seems to be a workable solution.  The problem introduced is that the second application published redirects to the user listed in the first ap.  So for example, the user enters share.user.lab in to the browser and UAG redirects to anon.user.lab.

http://share.user.lab/uniquesig5a26538cc85d9709eb9d679457076b9b/uniquesig0/InternalSite/InstallAndDetect.asp?resource_id=E59D6913882243B4A4A2A9012677960A&login_type=8&site_name=sharepoint&secure=0&orig_url=http%3a%2f%2fanon.user.lab%2f

Any thoughs?  i've tried configuring AAM within SP2010 in a number of different ways, so I think it's a setting in UAG.

Thanks

Alex

Cheers Alex
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:01 PM
  • I was just wondering were you able to publish an anonymous application on a trunk that has portal authentication switched on or did you have to use two seperate trunks one for anonymous application and one for authenticated application?

Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:00 PM
  • Hi Hod,

i didn't tried it before, but if you look into the UAG ADFS 2.0 application template you'll find an UAG option to allow ANONYMOUS access. So its basically possible to grant anonymous access to a specific application, even if your trunk requires authentication.

So either try to reuse the ADFS 2.0 application template and modify the rule after creation to meet your specific requirements (change the Path/Urls) or figure out the specific template setting for anonymous access and create a new application template.

-Kai

Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:48 PM
  • Thanks Kai

I'll give that a try later and will let you know how i get on.

Hod

Thursday, July 28, 2011 3:03 PM
  • Hi Hod,

I managed to get this working, but deviced to go with two seperate trunks in the end.  However you can switch off require portal authentication on the trunk settings (authenitcation tab), then manage authentication (whether SSO is used or not) through the published app.  So I ended up with one authN app and one anon app on the same trunks - and all tested fine.  

Cheers

Alex

Cheers Alex
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 4:12 PM
  • Thanks Alex

I prefered the authenticated applications to use the portal authentication so I ended up going with the two seperate trunks.

Cheers

Hod

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, August 26, 2011 10:40 PM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 8:30 AM
  • Guys,

Please advice. For a customer I need to publish a public SharePoint Site. UAG should not pre-authenticate.

I have configured a seperate Trunk with no authentication. But I am unable to publish an application without authentication. I read that it is possible, but how to?

Boudewijn

Boudewijn Plomp, BPMi Infrastructure & Security
    • Proposed as answer by hod2011 Friday, October 28, 2011 8:44 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by hod2011 Friday, October 28, 2011 8:44 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 8:08 AM
  • Boudewijn

I first published my SharePoint application with authentication and then edited the application afterwards and removed the authentication server and SSO option and saved the configuration and it seems to work fine.

Hod

Friday, October 28, 2011 8:47 AM
  • Thanks. In the meantime I now know why it was not working. Apperantly the SharePoint Site they gave me was not enabled for anonymous/public authentication yet. It was configured SSO and HTTP 401. Apparently UAG intercepts this and shows a UAG form-based authentication. I was expecting a FBA from SharePoint.

Thanks!

Boudewijn Plomp, BPMi Infrastructure & Security
    Friday, October 28, 2011 8:59 AM