none
Office 2007 Excel problem with windows system local RRS feed

• Question

• There is a problem with MS office 2007 Excel ! when i set my windows local setting from "Control Panel ->change keyboard and other input methods ->Administrative Tab ->Change system local" and set to persian everytime I'm closing the Excel it's Not Responding and all of my added data is gone !!

Please Help me

Thanks

Microsoft Certified System Engineer 2003
    Friday, February 12, 2010 10:06 PM

Answers

• One other suggestion, is if you are confident that you have properly changed the system local and language settings, then maybe you should consider doing a "repair" install of Office 2007 to see if that corrects the Excel freeze and data loss.

Saturday, February 13, 2010 7:29 PM

All replies

• Sayed,

If you are changing your system settings for Persian input, then you may need to change the Language settins for Office 2007 to match.

Go to Start (or Windows button), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office Tools, and select Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings.

Hopefully this will help.
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 3:35 AM
  • Well thanks for your advise but in [Start Menu->All Programs->Microsoft office->Microsoft Office 2007 Language Setting] in the right panel which is about "Enable editing Language" both English and Persian is already available BUT the Primary editing language for my office is English is that must be Persian?

By the way I don't think the problem is from this.

Thanks
    Microsoft Certified System Engineer 2003
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 6:44 AM
  • You may want to review the information at this link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb688174.aspx

and expand "What is the System Local" section.

Since you are  a MCSE, you may already know all this but it seems to be good information and may give you a good example.
    However, there is a chance it has nothing to do with Excel not retaining your data.

Good luck.
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 7:24 PM
  • One other suggestion, is if you are confident that you have properly changed the system local and language settings, then maybe you should consider doing a "repair" install of Office 2007 to see if that corrects the Excel freeze and data loss.

Saturday, February 13, 2010 7:29 PM