none
IE 10 Cache Size RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i am trying to change the IE 10 cache using GPO by change CacheLimit registry-setting.

Even when exporting the registry file, and importing this file on another machine will not work with "Cachelimit"

This is my registry-key :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\Content]
    "CachePrefix"=""
    "CacheLimit"=dword:0000a000

= 40 MB Cache

When importing this in windows 8 and IE 10, the registry looks like this :

= 40 MB

But when checking IE 10 :

(changed manully before registry-key from 250 to 60)

What is going wrong?

Thx

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:45 PM

All replies

• Anybody?
    Monday, February 18, 2013 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

I think it includes storage in the PrivacIE

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\Extensible Cache\PrivacIE:

Rob^_^

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:54 AM
  • Hi Rob,

which settings will be change in IE10 when changing this Registry-key?

Thx

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:20 AM
  • the cache allocated to InPrivate browsing on the user account. there is no user adjustment.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:34 PM
  • Anybody who is using this reducing-policy for temp. internet-files?
    Monday, February 25, 2013 1:15 PM
  • Hi,

I’d like to suggest that you submit a service request to MS Professional tech support service so that a dedicated Support Professional can further assist with this request.

Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:32 AM
  • Are there any news, how to define cache size under IE10?
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 1:42 PM
  • I know this thread is old, but did you ever find a solution to this?  I'm seeing the same behavior in IE 11.

Alex

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 8:16 PM
  • For 100MB try:

HKCU\...\5.0\Cache  ContentLimit=0x64

HKCU\...\5.0\Cache\Content   CacheLimit = 0x19000

HKCU\...\5.0\Cache\Content   CachePrefix = '' (clean the REG_SZ)

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:43 AM
  • After banging my head against this wall for a while, I found that the settings noted in the first message do take effect, however they don't display properly in the UI until a reboot or log off and back on again.  It's a bummer that the UI doesn't refresh as quickly as the registry does.

Alex

Thursday, February 26, 2015 6:57 AM
  • Hi,

I know this is an old thread. But did anyone find the answer. The last post says restarting system will work but its not working in my case. I did tried changing registries in this thread but Cache size in IE is not changing.

Can anyone help?

Mine is IE11, Windows 7 Home
    • Edited by Addy2019 Monday, March 25, 2019 2:54 AM
    Monday, March 25, 2019 2:53 AM