I have two screens for work, I also have another PC in another room, I want to set up mouse and keyboard through my computer to only work on other computer while in remote desktop situation RRS feed

• Question

• Theres no easy way to title that at all but to explain it better:

my comp has two screens,

I have a remote connection to another comp on the local network, its well out the way,

I have a mouse and keyboard that I want to connect to my comp,

I want to open the remote connection up on one screen and I want her mouse and keyboard to work on the screen

that the remote connection screen is working on while I Work alongside her on my comp however I dont want her mouse and keyboard to affect what im doing.

Is this even possible? thank you for your help all the same.

How would have I worded that better?

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 2:31 PM

Answers

• I guess I'm still not understanding the question.  Let me see if I get it...

You have two computers (one in another room)

The computer you're working on has two displays.

You want to remote desktop connect to the computer in the other room, and use it from one of your displays.

Is that right? 

If so.. it's really as simple as bring the RDP connection fullscreen on either of the two displays.  You'll be able to work on whichever screen has 'focus' with your mouse and keyboard, and easily move the mouse into or out of the remote desktop session.

NOTE: the remote desktop session from your workstation will not allow someone else to see or work on the session from that remote computer, nor will anything done to the mouse or keyboard on that machine do anything to your remote desktop session.  If you're looking for that kind of interaction, then I guess I need you to clarify.

Hope this helps,

Kevin Remde US DX - IT Pro Evangelism - Microsoft Corporation http://aka.ms/FullofIT http://twitter.com/kevinremde

• Edited by Kevin Remde Monday, December 14, 2015 8:34 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Kevin Remde Monday, December 14, 2015 8:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Thursday, December 17, 2015 8:23 PM
    Monday, December 14, 2015 8:34 PM