none
Proposed URL Error while changing the Default Project Site Template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, All

Well, Im configuring a project server. All of the access are is ok. I have all the rights. When I create new projects, the project site are provisioned correctly, using the native default template. I´m trying to set a new project site template, I´m keeping the default web application and url, just changing the the Defaul Project Site at the combo box. After pressing save button I receive the following error:

• Proposed URL was of invalid format
    Does anyone may kelp me? 

Friday, February 25, 2011 10:40 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

I am assuming that you are query is related to the Project Server 2010.

ideally it should be working fine in this way, because creating and setting new Project site template is MUCH easier. Just verify if you have created your site following the below steps, and if you still come up with the same error, try create and set new site template and let us know if it happens again.

1. Create New Site (Site Actions | New Site | Select Microsoft Project Workspace type)
    2. Customize look and feel of new site, go to Edit Page (check out the new Theme feature of SharePoint for instance), you can also add specific documents associated with the template (Cost Forecast Excel workbook for instance)
    3. Once happy with custom look and feel: Go to Site Actions | Site Settings | Site Actions | Save Site as Template
    4. Go to Site Settings | Galleries | Solutions , select Solution and Activate (ribbon button)
    5. Leverage newly created template in your Enterprise Project Types (EPTs)
      • Project Web Access | Server Settings | Workflow and Project Detail Pages | Enterprise Project Types (newly created template should now appear in the dropdown list under Project Site Template )

(source: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chrisfie/archive/2009/12/01/how-to-create-a-new-project-server-2010-site-template.aspx)

Hope this helps.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 6:50 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

I am assuming that you are query is related to the Project Server 2010.

ideally it should be working fine in this way, because creating and setting new Project site template is MUCH easier. Just verify if you have created your site following the below steps, and if you still come up with the same error, try create and set new site template and let us know if it happens again.

1. Create New Site (Site Actions | New Site | Select Microsoft Project Workspace type)
    2. Customize look and feel of new site, go to Edit Page (check out the new Theme feature of SharePoint for instance), you can also add specific documents associated with the template (Cost Forecast Excel workbook for instance)
    3. Once happy with custom look and feel: Go to Site Actions | Site Settings | Site Actions | Save Site as Template
    4. Go to Site Settings | Galleries | Solutions , select Solution and Activate (ribbon button)
    5. Leverage newly created template in your Enterprise Project Types (EPTs)
      • Project Web Access | Server Settings | Workflow and Project Detail Pages | Enterprise Project Types (newly created template should now appear in the dropdown list under Project Site Template )

(source: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chrisfie/archive/2009/12/01/how-to-create-a-new-project-server-2010-site-template.aspx)

Hope this helps.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 6:50 AM
  • Thank you Khurram.

But the template creation is not the issue.

I have created a new Project Server Service Application without any custumization then I just accessed Project Web Access | Server Settings |  Operational Polices | Project Site Provisioning Settings and I pressed save button without changing anything and the following error continuos occurring: Proposed URL was of invalid format.

Best Regards,

Rodrigo Pierotti

Monday, February 28, 2011 1:57 PM