Outlook 2007: Workstation adds OFT files as attachments instead of opening them RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

I've installed Microsoft Outlook 2007 on a new workstation with Windows 7 Pro Service Pack 1.

On a shared drive used by the whole office, I have a directory filled with various canned emails in OFT format that my reps can use to reply to common email questions. Whenever a rep opens one of these OFT files, Outlook should - and usually does - open the template email for them to edit as they need before sending.

However, this new workstation doesn't open the files, but rather creates a new, blank email draft and adds the template file as an attachment.

How can I get these OFT files to open correctly like they do on all the other machines in our office?

Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 4:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What's the version of Outlook that installed on other workstation?

Please try to copy the .oft file to the local drive on the new workstation, then try to double click to open it.

Also, go to Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations, make sure that Outlook 2007 has been configured as the default program for .oft extension.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 9:20 AM