Disabling Fast Startup didnt seem to do anything. RRS feed

• Question

• Ever since the latest windows update my computer doesn't fully shutdown, and acts as if i have fast startup enabled, but when i check power settings, fast startup is not enabled. I would appreciate any help as i miss my computer completely shutting down. 
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 10:09 PM

All replies

• Ever since the latest windows update my computer doesn't fully shutdown, and acts as if i have fast startup enabled, but when i check power settings, fast startup is not enabled.
    Which version and build are you currently running?  Based on your question, this started happening recently so I assume you had no issues with "shutdown" before.  However, could you please also describe the particular method(s) you use to shutdown your computer?

• Edited by john.b_ Thursday, October 26, 2017 11:51 PM
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 11:50 PM
  • If it's happening ever since the latest Windows Update then you can either uninstall the update or go for a system restore.

Hold your SHIFT key on your keyboard when you pressing shut down in the menu. Hold it until your PC will shut down completely.

You may also troubleshoot windows update.

• Type Troubleshoot in Start Search box.
    • Select Windows update
    • Run the troubleshooter.

You may also create another user account to test the fast startup.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Friday, October 27, 2017 12:05 AM
  • I am using Version 1709 build 16299. 19, and i have tried shutting down through the start menu, through the control alt delete window, and even through the cmd console.   
    Friday, October 27, 2017 2:05 AM
  • I tried, but i couldnt roll back the update to 9.5 and i couldnt find a download link for version 9.5 for windows 10 
    Saturday, October 28, 2017 10:16 AM