none
Skype for business - Unable to share my screen using Desktop sharing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using skype for business(corporate user) and off late i am finding issues in sharing my screen with anyone via desktop sharing.

I was able to do this sharing earlier and only last 2 weeks i am facing this trouble.

Also if i am logging in to any other machine with my account, i am able to do desktop sharing. Problem is only with my laptop.

Other sharing options like Program, whiteboard, Q&A are working fine in my laptop. Only desktop sharing is not working. I have tried with my admin helpdesk too. They have no clue on it.

Any suggestions how to rectify this? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ramesh

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:33 AM

Answers

• Hi, is issue both on internal and external network(inside and outside the office)?

Are you running Windows on MAC or other kind of virtual machine( on the computer with issue)?

Powerpoint,whiteboard,Q&A uses port 443, but desktop sharing and application sharing are using high ports.

This can be an issue if running windows on virtual machine and has been assigned internal IP (normally range 10.0.0.x network).

You could also analyze snooper log found in: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\Tracing

Replace User with your account ID and 16.0 with 15.0 if using older version of Office(e.g 2013 and lower).

Snooper can be download from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35453

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 7:34 PM
  • Hi,

If the issue just happen on a Windows SFB client, you can also try the follow steps:

1. Delete SFB user profile and user information on Registry, for SFB 2015:

%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip@domain.com

2. Also check if there is any proxy enabled on the PC.

3. To avoid the affect of three-party software, you can perform Clean Boot to test it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 26, 2016 8:05 AM

All replies

• 1 more point i would like to share:

I am trying to do desktop sharing between skype for business to skype for business.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:35 AM
  • Hi, is issue both on internal and external network(inside and outside the office)?

Are you running Windows on MAC or other kind of virtual machine( on the computer with issue)?

Powerpoint,whiteboard,Q&A uses port 443, but desktop sharing and application sharing are using high ports.

This can be an issue if running windows on virtual machine and has been assigned internal IP (normally range 10.0.0.x network).

You could also analyze snooper log found in: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\Tracing

Replace User with your account ID and 16.0 with 15.0 if using older version of Office(e.g 2013 and lower).

Snooper can be download from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35453

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 7:34 PM
  • Hi,

If the issue just happen on a Windows SFB client, you can also try the follow steps:

1. Delete SFB user profile and user information on Registry, for SFB 2015:

%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip@domain.com

2. Also check if there is any proxy enabled on the PC.

3. To avoid the affect of three-party software, you can perform Clean Boot to test it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 26, 2016 8:05 AM