none
Can't Add custom property to Advanced search - SharePoint Online

Question

• Hi everybody, 

i just add a custom property on my advanced search WebPart on SharePoint Online.

First i linked a refinable property "RefinaleDate00" to my custom column (datetime). This column is a custom column on a specific doc library and it is not part of a content type.

Second, i edit the xml on the properties of the webpart "advanced search" and add the following lines : 

<PropertyDefs>
    <PropertyRef Name="RefinableDate00" DataType="datetime" DisplayName="Date d'envoi de la facture"/>

<ResultType DisplayName="Tous" Name="default">
    <KeywordQuery/>
    <PropertyRef Name="RefinableDate00" />

Then i tried to check if this new column appears and no .. nothing new on my search form. So i'm wondering if i did something wrong or if i need to wait a bit until a job or research crawl is activated ... Or if my custom colomns needs something specific to be able on search form ...

Thanks for your help !

Xavier.

Monday, July 18, 2016 7:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• I believe that would take a full crawl to be picked up, which means that you'll need to wait some time to allow that to happen.
    Monday, July 18, 2016 7:51 AM
  • Hi Xavier,

The Refinable managed properties aren’t searchable. The option for searchable is greyed up. You should create a new managed property which is searchable.

For more detailed information, you could refer to the article below.

How to Display Custom Metadata in the Advanced Search Web Part within SharePoint Online.

https://www.itunity.com/article/display-custom-metadata-advanced-search-web-part-sharepoint-online-834

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by doyousw Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:19 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2016 9:25 AM
  • Hi all,

Thx Sara Fan, your post helped me to fix a part of the problem. I made another mistake, in the xml which describe the searcheable columns i mixed "PropertyDef" and "PropertyRef" (i wasn't helped by the amazing text editor given by SharePoint). So now it's ok i can see my custom columns on the advanced search. 

So thanx for your help and time !

Have a good day.

Xavier.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:19 AM
  • Hi Xavier,

It is very happy that you have resolved your problem.

Thank you for your sharing and it will help others have the same issue.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:47 AM