Concise beam V 4.56b program crashes in windows 7 enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• Concise beam V4.56b crashes in windows 7 enterprise.  It does this randomly while in various screens of the program.

the following error popup box appears and the error code has been different on a few occasions, one error I have a screen shot of is the following

"Error: Access Violation at 0x06C4FD26 (tried to read from 0x00000001), program terminated"

only option is click ok on bottom

windows then searches for a solution and then the program closes

This has been happening for a while, this error did not occur in windows vista

this computer is running on a network of more than 10 computers, and the network is supported by our inhouse IT department via a remote desktop feed.

please advise, if you require more error codes I can post them, some seem to repeat while others I have never seen before

Saturday, July 16, 2011 5:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Generally speaking, a process will try to access memory reserved for the operating system which causes the process to crash, an access violation can occur when a process is either reading or writing data, this would be caused by the software conflicts, so we can try to check whether this issue exists in Clean Boot mode.

Also, you may check the Event Viewer to see if there is any information about this crash.

For suggestions, I suggest you take the following steps to see the result:

1.    Temporarily disable your anti-virus program.

2.    Install the latest updates for Windows.

3.    If it is possible, try to reinstall this application to check how it works.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:39 AM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:16 AM

All replies

• For Concise Beam support go to: http://www.blackmint.com/CB_Support.html
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 5:23 PM
  • Hi,

For a test, just try to check how it works in Clean Boot mode.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:31 AM
  • tried that first

Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:56 PM
  • "Hi,

For a test, just try to check how it works in Clean Boot mode.

Alex Zhao"

I am not the administrator of the network computer I am using.  The frequency of the crashes has reduced, however periodically it will still crash and send me an error report similar to what I mentioned above.

if you have any other suggestions ? I have recently had the IT department (admin.) reinstall concise to see if that helps, it is rather difficult to run diagnostics since at times it will run smoothly; while other times several hours elapse and then I receive the error messages and the program crashes so that would be rather time consuming. 

As for the unmark as answer and mark as answer, I only have the option to mark as answer.  

Monday, July 25, 2011 7:19 PM
  • Hi,

Generally speaking, a process will try to access memory reserved for the operating system which causes the process to crash, an access violation can occur when a process is either reading or writing data, this would be caused by the software conflicts, so we can try to check whether this issue exists in Clean Boot mode.

Also, you may check the Event Viewer to see if there is any information about this crash.

For suggestions, I suggest you take the following steps to see the result:

1.    Temporarily disable your anti-virus program.

2.    Install the latest updates for Windows.

3.    If it is possible, try to reinstall this application to check how it works.

Alex Zhao

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:39 AM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:16 AM