Outlook 2007 Delivers Corrupted File Attachments RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Outlook 2007 on a PC running Windows 7. Every time I send an email with a file attached (Word, Excel, PDF, etc.) the recipient gets it as a corrupted file and cannot access it. Outlook does not balk at sending the email. I tried sending the same email attachments to the saem recipients using the webmail interface for my mail service instead of Outlook and the files arrive just fine.

I have uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled it and even deleted my profile. The condition still persists. Also, I am not using nor sending .pst files. I have Vipre A/V running on my machine, and I also run scans with Malware Bytes and Spy Bot S&D. None of those tools detects any sort of malware.

What should I do to correct this condition?

Friday, August 16, 2013 2:19 AM

Answers

• Hi, when you say "corrupted file", do you mean the file seems good, just can't be accessed? If not, detail it.

Try temporarily shut down your Anti-Virus program or any other mail-scanner, to test if this issue persists.

Zip the file, would it be corrupted?

Also, try safe mode in outlook:

Win + R, type ”outlook.exe /safe” in the blank box, then press Enter.

If these's no problem in Safe Mode, disable suspicious 3rd-party add-ins to test again.

Regards.

Sunday, August 18, 2013 12:49 PM