Question about Microsoft exchange and text messages RRS feed

• Question

• Guys, can you help me please to solve one problem? I have windows mobile, I succesfully connected it to Microsoft Outlook 2010 and can send and recieve text messages, but do you know if I can leave, for example, my phone at home being synchronized and still reply to text messages from my outlook being outside of the country?
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:25 AM

Answers

• While I have not tested it, this should be no issue. Neither your mailbox, nor Exchange 2010 server travels with you. Outlook uses Exchange 2010 and Exchange Active Sync to communicate with your Windows Mobile 2010 phone to send text messages (SMS) using your existing wireless service.

The communication works like this:

Outlook -> Exchange 2010 -> Windows Mobile -> Recipient's wireless device.

Send and receive text messages (SMS)
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/send-and-receive-text-messages-sms-HA101823438.aspx

MCTS: Messaging | MCSE: S+M
    • Proposed as answer by Sophia Xu Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Thursday, October 6, 2011 7:48 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:13 AM

All replies

• You'll need a data service that works outside your country.  Talk to your wireless provider.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:10 AM
  • While I have not tested it, this should be no issue. Neither your mailbox, nor Exchange 2010 server travels with you. Outlook uses Exchange 2010 and Exchange Active Sync to communicate with your Windows Mobile 2010 phone to send text messages (SMS) using your existing wireless service.

The communication works like this:

Outlook -> Exchange 2010 -> Windows Mobile -> Recipient's wireless device.

Send and receive text messages (SMS)
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/send-and-receive-text-messages-sms-HA101823438.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Sophia Xu Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Thursday, October 6, 2011 7:48 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:13 AM
  • So, I can go, for example, to Europe, with my laptop where outlook is installed and assigned to my Microsoft Exchange Server, while leaving my phone in the States synchronised with Microsoft Exchange Server and reply/recieve text messages that are sent on my phone. And the process of replying will be: Outlook-Exchange 2010-Windows phone-recipient? Right?
    AB
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:38 AM
  • While I have not tested it, I see no reason to believe otherwise.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:13 AM