Transport Rule based on Active Directory Groups RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i want to setup transport-rules with special disclaimers.
    If one member of AD Group send a mail to outside of organisation, disclaimer should be attached.

How could I do this?

Thanks,

Friday, April 26, 2019 9:47 AM

All replies

• In the EAC, navigate to Mail Flow > Rules.

Click the "+" and drop-down to "Apply disclaimers..."

Give the rule a name

Under "apply this rule if..." drop-down to "the recipient is located..." and select "outside the organization"

Click "More options..." then click the "add condition" button

In the drop-down, select "the sender..." then expand and select "is a member of this group"

Find and select the group

In the "Do the following..." section, click the "Enter text..." link and add your disclaimer text and set your fallback action by clicking the "select one" link.

Add an exception if you want

Leave "enforce" selected

Click Save.

You can test the rule by having a member of the group email your external address and check that the disclaimer is applied correctly.

My Blog: http://exchangeitup.net My Twitter: http://twitter.com/ExchangeITup

• Proposed as answer by ThinkCenter Monday, April 29, 2019 8:37 AM
    Saturday, April 27, 2019 5:31 PM
  • Hi wubu,

Stacey provides a detailed and correct process about setting up a transport Rule based on Active Directory Groups. On EAC, it looks like the screenshot below:

One thing needs to pay attention is that the members in AD groups have related Exchange mailboxes, a distribution group consisted of these user mailboxes is created and selected in the transport rule.

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 29, 2019 8:44 AM
  • Hi wubu,

I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 2, 2019 8:42 AM