none
Windows 10 update not able to be installed RRS feed

• Question

• I recently uploaded the Windows 10 upgrade to my Windows 7.  I went back to run Windows 10 Update and it would not complete the process stating: Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for X64 based Systems (KB3087040).  Error 0X80004005.  I ran the windows troubleshooter and is showed Service Registration is missing or corrupt. How do I fix the issue?  Thanks
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 4:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

In addition to John`s suggestion, please run "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" or "sfc /scannow" to check the health of system files.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 7:11 AM
  • I recently uploaded the Windows 10 upgrade to my Windows 7.  I went back to run Windows 10 Update and it would not complete the process stating: Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for X64 based Systems (KB3087040).  Error 0X80004005.  I ran the windows troubleshooter and is showed Service Registration is missing or corrupt. How do I fix the issue?  Thanks

See the answer to THIS THREAD

You'll have to manually install the update on 64-bit

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 5:12 PM

All replies

See the answer to THIS THREAD

You'll have to manually install the update on 64-bit

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 5:12 PM
  • Hi Mike,

In addition to John`s suggestion, please run "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" or "sfc /scannow" to check the health of system files.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 7:11 AM
  • There are way way too many people reporting this to have people having this much corruption. 
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 4:06 PM