The server is temporarily unavailable when sign in to Lync 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I would like to ask a question here. 3days ago my client encounter a sign in error to lync 2013. Error message is the server is temporarily unavailable after input the username and password. I use my account to sign in to the same machine it give the same error message but I can sign in no problem on another laptop. I have tried uninstall and reinstall the Skype 2013 but still having the same error message when sign in. Please help.
    Monday, July 24, 2017 8:47 AM

All replies

• Does problem only occur on internal network or external network as well?

Is your pc domain joined? Please check if you have root CA for your domain installed under Trusted Root certificate authority on local computer

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:36 AM
    Monday, July 24, 2017 11:38 AM
  • Sounds like the Lync 2013 client is having issues locating the server to sign you in.

Can you can ping lyncdiscover.domain.com (use the same domain that the users SIP address ends with)?

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:04 AM
  • Check the connection with Lync server 2013 on this specific client,include ping and DNS resolution; also check root certificate as Off2work's suggestion.
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 3:31 AM
  • Hi lky2018,

Agree with off2work.

Delete the SFB cache files and test again.

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com

You could perform a clean boot and test again.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

You could use Microsoft remote connectivity analyzer to test the remote connectivity; if Microsoft remote connectivity analyzer shows some DNS warning ,you could check the DNS configuration.
    https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, July 31, 2017 9:53 AM
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:22 AM