none
Problem with Mapping Network Drives using Group Policy

Question

• Hai IT Gurus out there

I have a problem with Mapping Network Drives using Group Policy

I had done it both with Logon Script and Using Preferences by linking Group Policy to an OU  and put authenticated users with Read from security filtering but same result.

When you do gpresult /r :It shows that group policy was applied but nothing is showing.

Anybody with an idea that can help me

I am using server 2008 R2 as my DC

Things were working fine last year according to the old System admin because he created some GPO with no problem but cant pick up what went wrong

Thursday, March 30, 2017 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Please check if MS16-072 is installed on clients and domain controllers which might cause user group policy not working, if that is the case, please use the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC.MSC) and add the Authenticated Users group with Read Permissions on the Group Policy Object (GPO). If you are using security filtering, add the Domain Computers group with read permission. Please see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/3163622
    In addition, you could also check if there are other group polies or scripts configured to delete/block the drive, you could view the details by running gpresult /h command.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 31, 2017 2:33 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 04, 2017 5:56 AM