How do I set the default sound output device configuration??? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have an HP Pavillion 7790 Media Center PC running Vista Basic Media Center with a Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card.  I am using the Logitech X-540 speaker system.  When I setup the default output device in ControlPanel->Sound->OutputDevice and configure it for 5.1 speaker configuration, (with the green checkmark) everything works properly.  I can check the Windows Media Center setup and 5.1 speaker work normally, and also in the WMP.  The problem is that when I reboot the system, the output device reverts back to 'Stereo' and I have to re-configure everthing all over.

What can I do to make the 5.1 speaker configuration the default so that it is configured when the system boots up?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jess

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 10:22 PM

Answers

•  

For any Media Center system related issues, please understand that Windows Media Center is included with your hardware device or system, Your computer manufacturer may have customized the installation with unique components, such as specific device drivers and optional settings to maximize performance on its hardware. so the hardware manufacturer is the best resource to provide technical support and assistance for this software. Pease contact your manufacturer directly.

Thank you for your understanding.

For your convenience, please click the following link to get a HP support.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Thursday, June 5, 2008 10:17 AM