Wireless Gaming receiver & Wired Xbox 360 Gamepad... RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very strange problem.

I have the MS Wireless Gaming Receiver and the Wired Xbox 360 gamepad for Windows.  When I have them connected to my PC via USB and plug in any USB headset the sound gets distorted and scratchy.  Without the receiver and gamepad plugged in...the sound is fine.

I have tried both a Logitech & Plantronics headset.  Same result with both.  I have used every USB port on my PC and on a USB hub...all with the same results.

I have tried a Logitech and Saitek USB gamepad and they both work fine with the headsets.  I am running Vista Ultimate and have the latest drivers for the wireless receiver and 360 gamepad.  The headsets do not have drivers as they use the default one that ships with Vista.

I have also tried to use the receiver and 360 gamepad on my laptop with Windows XP SP2.   The issue does not happen.

My PC has a A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard with the Nvidia Nforce4 chipset.  I did not install chipset drivers as Vista has drivers for it.

Any clues on this one?

Thanks for any help anyone can give...

Thursday, March 22, 2007 1:20 AM

All replies

• I have this exact same problem, and I have no solution.  Since my PC is in my living room, my USB headset is my only option for sound.
    Friday, November 23, 2007 10:43 AM
  • Good news...here is how i solved my issue.

It turns out the USB hub I was using was an older one.  I went out and purchased a USB 2.0 hub and the issue went away.

Maybe this will work for you to....

Friday, November 23, 2007 1:35 PM