Connecting remotely to Microsoft Technical support RRS feed

• Question

• I hve been in touch with Microsoft Windows Technical Support during the last few days. The person who has been in touch with me by e-mail, now wants to connect remotely to my computer to assist me with a computer problem. Is this a normal procedure? Also I need to make sure this is a bona-fide request made with the authority and knowledge of Microsoft. I appreciate the assistance offered but I am a little nervous about this and I won't be comfortable doing this without first confirming the above.
    melita
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 4:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, if you submit an incident through Microsoft Support Center, they will provide email support with remote service. It is a normal procedure. However, if you don't submit any case to Microsoft, please don't let anyone called "Microsoft" to remote your computer.

Best Regards,

Niki

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by floccinaucini Friday, December 30, 2011 2:14 AM
    Monday, December 26, 2011 8:34 AM

All replies

• I Suggest you to ask your question about your Problem here and we will solve it for you , also i don't think it's recommended by Microsoft  to Use Remote.

Regards,

MCP ✦ MCTS ✦ MCITP
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 6:16 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, if you submit an incident through Microsoft Support Center, they will provide email support with remote service. It is a normal procedure. However, if you don't submit any case to Microsoft, please don't let anyone called "Microsoft" to remote your computer.

Best Regards,

Niki

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by floccinaucini Friday, December 30, 2011 2:14 AM
    Monday, December 26, 2011 8:34 AM
  • Hello Mr. Niki Han,

Yes, you are right. I made inquiries and Microsoft informed me that e-mail and remote support is a normal procedure. However I was not comfortable and I did not connect to the "supporter" remotely. He gave me good support, where I did the trouble shooting according to his suggestions but could not solve the problem. So I am going to follow Mr. Rashid's suggestion above and post my problem here, which I shall do tomorrow.

Best regards.

melita
    Friday, December 30, 2011 2:22 AM
  • I have opened a new thread (new question) under the heading "unable to start computer" in this same forum. This is the problem for which I sought Microsoft help, which is a computer starting problem.

Thank you

melita
    Friday, December 30, 2011 9:32 PM
  • Hello Mr. Rashid

I have opened a new thread (new question) under the heading "unable to start computer" in this same forum. This is the problem for which I sought Microsoft help, which is a computer starting problem. Here is a copy of it:-

OK, here is my problem. I have an Acer Aspire 5250 Notebook PC. OS is Windows 7 Home premium. Used for only 3 months. I noticed this problem soon after I bought it but thought it could be something transient. Now I see that the malfunction is permanent

With the computer OFF,when the AC adapter is unplugged, (as for instance to move the computer to another place), the computer does not start, after being re plugged to the AC mains. If the AC adapter is unplugged for whatever reason, the computer cannot be started again. This has happened a few times before but I thought this was a transient problem. Last time was two days ago and it took two whole days to get it working gain. I keep on plugging and unplugging, removing and reinstalling the battery, repeatedly pressing the power button, every hour or so and it takes from one to two days of this awkward manipulating to get it started again. Also please note the following:-

1. The AC adapter is working perfectly and there is nothing wrong with it.
    2. There are no loose connections or loose contacts.
    3. There is nothing wrong with the power button.
    4. The computer is always shut down correctly before the AC adapter is unplugged from the wall terminal.

5. The battery is in very good state and it holds a full charge extremely well.

6. Once the computer starts, all other functions work without any hitch.

7. I have performed, in the BOIS menu, a "start up repair" with the result "couldn't detect a problem" and a "windows memory diagnostic" which also came out clean.

Eagerly waiting for diagnosis and remedial suggestions

*In my new thread, I received the suggestion that I go to Acer and get them to repair it. I am unable to do this. The reasons are given in my new thread.

melita
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 6:04 PM
  • my windows 10 start problem

Sunday, September 3, 2017 4:43 PM