Primary/Primary to Primary/Secondary RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have a CM07 deployment with two Primary Sites (parent/child).  The second location needs a State Migration Point (SMP).  I assume the recommended 2012 deployment would be Primary/Secondary since a secondary is required for SMP.  I also have CM admins at both locations that manage their own content (Collections, Packages, OSD).  The CM admin at the remote site will be required to connect over the WAN back to the primary site because Secondary sites do not install the SMS Provider.  This is really a bad situation for the remote admin that has been connecting to his local primary site for all these years.  I considered dealing with this by:

1.  Installing 1 CAS / 2 Primary
        - I am trying to consolidate and simplify the environment and this does not accomplish that goal.

2.  Install the console on RDS or Citrix.
        - This is actually a good solution unless RDS or Citrix degrades the user experience.

Does anyone have any other solutions or recommendations?

Thanks

• Edited by mniccum Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:15 PM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would go for number 2. Install the console on RDS/Citrix. You will have a much less complex solution to manage, less hardware and the delegation must still be done in SCCM 2012 using RBAC as a primary site no longer is an administrative boundary and all objects now are global.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

• Marked as answer by mniccum Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:50 PM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I would go for number 2. Install the console on RDS/Citrix. You will have a much less complex solution to manage, less hardware and the delegation must still be done in SCCM 2012 using RBAC as a primary site no longer is an administrative boundary and all objects now are global.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

• Marked as answer by mniccum Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:50 PM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:41 PM
  • I think it should be a green checkmark...or would that be skeuomorphism???
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:56 PM