block senders in 365 outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Have the latest Win 10 as of February 2020. Why won't the Block Senders work in Outlook 365. I keep getting so many ads and spam. Please help get back Blocked Senders 
    Tuesday, February 18, 2020 7:30 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

>> Have the latest Win 10 as of February 2020. Why won't the Block Senders work in Outlook 365. I keep getting so many ads and spam.
    Does this problem exist before updating to the latest Win 10 as of February 2020?
    What's the version of your Outlook 365? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version as well.

As I know, sender addresses of ads and spam may constantly changes. It is suggested to check that if the sender addresses of these spam messages are in your Blocked Senders list.
    If they are not in your Blocked Senders list, please add these addresses or domains to your Blocked Senders list and see if there is any difference.
    If they are already in the Blocked Senders list, it is suggested for you to add a test mailbox to your Blocked Senders list and send mails from the test mailbox to the current mailbox to see if it works.
    If the problem continues, please try exiting Outlook desktop client and see if the issue can be reproduced on the web mail.

In order to conduct further researches on your issue, please try the following suggestions:

1. Rules may have affects on Blocked Senders. Please check if you have created rules which may conflict with the Blocked Senders.
    2. Please check if you have added these email addresses to both the Blocked Senders list and the Safe Senders list. In this case,you will still receive emails from these addresses.
    3. Corrupt "Outfltr.dll" file may cause this issue, it is suggested for you to rename or delete the “Outfltr.dll” file and restart Outlook client.
      File location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLFLTR.DLL
    4. A corrupted profile can lead this issue, so please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 7:40 AM
  • Hi ,

Have you got your issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 21, 2020 8:51 AM
  • Hi ,

Have you got your issue fixed?

Please try the suggestions mentioned above and reply the test results.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 9:06 AM