BizTalk 2009 MQSeries adapter in 64-bit mode RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone installed the BizTalk 2009 MQSeries adapter in 64-bit mode before?

Technet states this is possible but I haven't been able to find any detailed instructions for the install process.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa560166(BTS.10).aspx

"The MQSeries adapter is supported in both 32-bit and 64-bit processes. The adapter has a MQSeries Agent that runs on IBM WebSphere MQ Server on Windows. With MQ Fix Pack 6.0.2.1 the agent is supported as a 32-bit process running under WOW64."

How do you go about configuring the MQSeries Agent to run under WOW64?

Nikolai
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:38 AM

Answers

• The MQSeries adapter (part of BizTalk 2009 base) installs fine without WMQ running on the BizTalk server. It is on several 64-bit servers I work with on W2K8 R2.

If you mean the MQSC adapter - part of the BizTalk Adapters for Host Systems (BAH), then you should be able to install the WMQ software first, then BizTalk and then the BAH install to get the MQSC adapter to show up. I have a thread going on an issue with this though so you might check this out: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkr2adapters/thread/0544b0cc-2044-499b-a824-5fefde90e77e

I think the MQSeries Agent should run under WOW64 by default. 32-bit installs work fine on a 64-bit W2K8 server due to WOW64.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Marked as answer by Nikolai Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:25 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Nikolai Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nikolai Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:27 AM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:06 PM

All replies

• The MQSeries adapter (part of BizTalk 2009 base) installs fine without WMQ running on the BizTalk server. It is on several 64-bit servers I work with on W2K8 R2.

If you mean the MQSC adapter - part of the BizTalk Adapters for Host Systems (BAH), then you should be able to install the WMQ software first, then BizTalk and then the BAH install to get the MQSC adapter to show up. I have a thread going on an issue with this though so you might check this out: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkr2adapters/thread/0544b0cc-2044-499b-a824-5fefde90e77e

I think the MQSeries Agent should run under WOW64 by default. 32-bit installs work fine on a 64-bit W2K8 server due to WOW64.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Marked as answer by Nikolai Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:25 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Nikolai Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nikolai Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:27 AM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:06 PM
  • Ah yes my bad. I had forgotten about the MQ agent component.

I currently use MQSC and have hit the issue you mention above so I was going to try the MQseries instead. I would love to have a solution to this install issue as it would save me loads of time.

I have hit another issue with setting up MQSeries, my MQ machine is in a stand alone workgroup (Win2K3) and my BizTalk server (Win2K8 64bit) is in a domain and I have been unable to configure the COM+ MQSAgent2 to allow comms between the two machines.

Do you think its even possible for this setup to work?

DTC ping is working fine and there are no firewall issues. I just keep getting this error "Retrieving the COM class factory for remote component with CLSID {86E96D72-0011-4B28-B1AC-BF52AB47F1B4} from machine failed due to the following error: 80070005."

Nikolai
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:36 AM
  • On the other thread, the thread starter was working on an Eval version of BizTalk 2009 so I am not sure he will report it to MS Support.

I will go report the issue through an MVP channel and will report back if I hear anything. This can usually take 2-3 weeks before I hear anything (it gets triaged and incidentally put in a support ticket queue) so if you need a hotfix for this sooner, please go ahead and report it to MS Support.

The HResult of 8007005 means something invalid is being done and sometimes can refer to an access denied/authorization issue. When using MQSC I think I used a local account in both the client and server with the same credentials and same name to get it to work. I used a host running under this local account. The account was part of the mqm group on both servers. I think it should work in your environment.

To get more information, you can look in the logs on the server where your MQSAgent exists. There should be more information than just the 80070005 return code.

Thanks,
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 5:06 AM
  • I just found this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/939202

With BizTalk 2006 R2 there was already a hotfix released for running MQSC on 64-bit. I am not sure if this is compatible with BizTalk 2009 or not.

Thanks,
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 4:51 PM
  • FYI another poster installed the support item listed above on BizTalk 2009 and it worked. See this thread for more info:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkr2adapters/thread/0544b0cc-2044-499b-a824-5fefde90e77e

Thanks,
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 4:26 PM