none
Hide command prompt during Task Sequence RRS feed

• Question

• I do all of my silent installs using a batch file. Then make them into MDT as Applications. While the task sequence is on the State Restore phase, all the of batch files open up with the command prompt shown. Is there any way to hide the windows without creating another script? If I put in a "Run command line" step into the task sequence, then the command prompt never shows. Obviously that's not ideal as I have to manually put in the path and file. Thanks.
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 6:07 PM

All replies

• This doesn't really answer how your question exactly, but is there any reason you can't use PowerShell as your install wrapper? You have more options and power than batch.
    Friday, February 12, 2016 11:52 PM
  • We have a lot of existing batch files that we use to deploy software and our team is not really good at powershell yet. I thought I had found a workaround by creating a VBS script with:

CreateObject("Wscript.Shell").Run """" & WScript.Arguments(0) & """", 0, True

Then I created an Application with the Quiet Install Command like this:

wscript.exe "%SCRIPTROOT%\hide.wsf" Setup.bat
    It sucks that I have to do that for each application. If I could only edit ZTIApplications.wsf to do this for me. I'm not good at vbs to do it either. If anyone has a solution, please let me know.

• Edited by lytvinh Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:04 PM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 5:48 PM