having trouble getting windows 8 updates to sync RRS feed

• Question

• hi guys! so i've had sp1 installed for a few weeks and have had my win 8 clients updated with the latest client. as far as i know i followed all the prereq installations including the hotfixes to get server 2012 and windows 8 support in WSUS.

i've noticed that, even afer manually forcing sync of updates and even re-creating the windows 8 update auto deployment rules, im still not getting any updates down.

i just checked WSUS on the server and noticed that windows 8 is not selected under products and classifications even tho i have created the deployment rules with windows 8 selected within CM. for the lols i selected windows 8 and ran a sync within wsus and it found the 130 odd updates associated with windows 8, however when i go back and sync updates with CM it seems to deselect windows 8 within wsus and im back where i started. 

must be missing something but i've got every other OS updates working properly no problems! havent tried server 2012 yet tho i will now i have a machine with the client on it.

any tips?

Monday, March 25, 2013 5:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• You need to select Windows 8 in ConfigMgr as well. Administration workspace, Site Settings, Software Update configuration.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Monday, March 25, 2013 7:04 AM
  • Selecting in an ADR is not sufficient. You must also have the catalog configured correctly in ConfigMgr and anything configured in ConfigMgr overwrites anything you directly configured in WSUS -- in general you should never go into the WSUS console. Kent points out the correct location in ConfigMgr.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Monday, March 25, 2013 12:51 PM
  • thanks guys. brain was obviously malfunctioning! 
    Monday, March 25, 2013 11:52 PM