none
Project Server 2007 - Owner doesn't see sertain projects RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I have an old Project Server 2007 environment, now one of my project managers has an issue where she doesn't see all her projects on the project center page.

She has al the correct category and group permissions and is owner of the projects. I even made her an administrator to see if the projects show up, no results.

I checked if the views had any filters, not the case. Also, I created a new view and the projects don't show up.

The Projects do show up in Ms Project Professional 2007 and can be published by her.

What could be wrong here? I'm a bit rusty on my Project Server 2007 administration, but I do believe I have tried all options.

Please advice,

Erik van Hurck

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Erik, From Project Pro, if she select the published DB in the file/open dialog box, can she see the projects? Also if you send hier the exact URL of the projects detail page (with the project UID), can she access it? Those tests will allow you to know if it is a DB sync issue or a permission issue.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:37 PM
  • Hey Guillaume,

I asked her to take the actions, she is able to see the project from the "show projects from server" list, and sending her the direct link to the project also gives a positive feedback. but still if she returns to the project center the projects aren't shown in the view.

A strange little puppy right?

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 1:24 PM
  • Erik --

Does the user have a filter applied to the view displayed in the Project Center view?  Or is a custom view applied that has a filter as a part of the view?  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 1:53 PM
  • Hi Dale,

No filters are applicable. I even created a new Project Center view from scratch and the user doesn't see the projects. We are now working towards looking at server changes between 26 November and 9 December because the user had the projects on her screen before 9 December (we have screenshots of this situation).

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:06 PM
  • Hello Erik,

Do you tried to access to the application in other PC with her user.?

May be it is only a problem with her Internet Explorer configuration and the ActiveX is blocked.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:35 PM
  • Tried and failed :(
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:37 PM
  •  she is able to see the project from the "show projects from server" list

If she selects the projects from the published DB, can she see them from Project Pro? I'm thinking that PWA shows the published DB which might be out of sync. Also try to delete and create again the user profile if possible.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:56 PM
  • I asked the user to access the "show me the list of all projects" option, that is the only way I'm familiar with to access the published DB. If there was another route please share this with me.

Thursday, January 15, 2015 9:12 AM
  • Hello Erik,

As I understand, your user could see several projects in the project center, but she can't see certain projects. Am I right?

Have you tried to publish this problematic projects again with project professional?

Regards.

Thursday, January 15, 2015 9:43 AM
  • Hi Enrique,

True, but also as you see in the origional question I have already tried this. I will schedule another meeting with her next week to do some in depth (soal) searching, I'll keep you guys posted.

Kind regards,

Erik

Thursday, January 15, 2015 9:50 AM
  • See the picture below for 2013 but applicable for 2007, you can select the "publish" checkbox instead of the "draft" or "working" by default.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, January 15, 2015 5:57 PM