none
PWA Graphical Custom Fields not showing in Project Center RRS feed

• Question

• I Have project server 2007 SP3 x64 on Windows server 2008 R2 and other DB server with SQL Server 2008 R2 on windows Server 2008 R2, many project manage on these servers, one custom field that show graphical indicator was created but in the project center only show the data but not show the graphical indicator, i have made many tips for solution this issue, F9 for recalcule from project professional 2007 SP3, re save and re published the project, edit in PWA the custom field and change the name of the custom field for testing  but not working fine, is same, the graphical indicator not show in PWA only show the data, in the custom field is has assign the graphical indicator for rows non summary, rows summary and project summary, but only show data in PWA of Project Center, I saw that KB of july is the sollution for this issue but i have SP3 of WSS 3.0 and Project Server 2007 SP3, The graphical indicador is show on proejct professional 2007 , but not show on PWA.

Any ideas.

Erick Gutiérrez PMI Membership #ID 2089740 MTCS - Microsoft Project Server Managing Projects

Friday, June 29, 2012 9:08 PM

Answers

• I found the Solution:

You need delete the Customize field and create again it ,so , save, publish and check in all project , so while you publishing your project the graphical indicator show in project center, in my case i need to have baseline on project because the formula need the baseline for calculate the data of the graphical indicator.

Blessssss to all

Erick Gutiérrez PMI Membership #ID 2089740 MTCS - Microsoft Project Server Managing Projects

Friday, July 6, 2012 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Erick,

Can you please share the screenshot of the custom field settings.

Thanks,

Arun

Thanks in advance

Sunday, July 1, 2012 1:03 PM
  • Erick, there has been an issue a long time ago when 2007 came out, but SP3 does fix this issue easily. Do you have other visual indicators that work or is this your only one. Also has it ever worked in the project center?

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 8:31 AM
  • This issue applied only one indicator in the project center and in the project detail, but this is the only one indicator showing icon sometimes yes sometimes no , and my plataform is to up SP3, any ideas?

I have seen that this issue come from long time in Project Server 2007 , but i don't know for what microsoft does not solve this

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 2:47 PM
  • Hi erick

Microsoft has fixed the issue in one of the Service Packs. Since this is only happening on one indicator I wonder if it is formula related. Would you mind sharing your formula?

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 11:01 PM
  • ok, however remember i have the SP3 level on my plataform, here the formula:

IIf([Start]=[Finish];0;(([Finish]-[Baseline Finish])/([Baseline Finish]-[Baseline Start]))*100)

any ideas?

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 12:48 PM
  • I found the Solution:

You need delete the Customize field and create again it ,so , save, publish and check in all project , so while you publishing your project the graphical indicator show in project center, in my case i need to have baseline on project because the formula need the baseline for calculate the data of the graphical indicator.

Blessssss to all

Friday, July 6, 2012 1:41 PM