none
Order of "New" button for creating project not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

In Project Server I've added several EnterPrise Project Types, and now I want to sort them the way I want in the "New" button in project center. But no matter what I do, the order is always the same. For instance, if I tick the box for the "Construction" EPT, it does not go to the end of the dropdown list when you click the "New" button.

I have tried this in other deployments and it's working, so how can I debug this?

Monday, May 12, 2014 2:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Pedro,

Have you configured the EPT order in the server settings, as per the section #11 in the following article?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg597674(v=office.14).aspx

In case you did, I've never heard or seen such a bug. I'd advice to recreate EPTs from scratch since they are just containers.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Monday, May 12, 2014 2:18 PM
  • Hi and thanks for your reply!

Yes, I configured it by using the method in the article, but it doesn't work. I would do that (deleting all EPT's) but the problem is that for you to delete an EPT, you also have to delete all the projects which use that EPT, which I can't do.

Monday, May 12, 2014 2:36 PM
  • Hi Pedro,

You actually do not have to delete projects:

• Just create a temporary EPT,
    • then transfer projects (using the "change or restart workflows" section in the PWA server settings) to this temp EPT,
    • delete the culprit EPT,
    • create the new one,
    • transfer back the projects in the new EPT.

Hope this helps,

Monday, May 12, 2014 2:41 PM
  • As a workaround, if it appears to be by design or a bug, you could determine how the EPTs are sorted. For example, as per the project templates list in MS Project Pro, they could be sorted per creation date. In this case you could create EPTs in the order you want them to appear in the "new" button.

Hope this helps,

Monday, May 12, 2014 4:05 PM
  • I found an older thread on this same issue: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/a24db10f-ea26-4fc7-a0f1-4dba25d40208/new-project-ept-order-incorrect?forum=projectonline

so I'm going to close this one.

Thanks for your help Guillaume!

• Edited by Pedro Gordo Monday, May 12, 2014 4:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pedro Gordo Monday, May 12, 2014 4:10 PM
    Monday, May 12, 2014 4:10 PM
  • Pedro,

Unfortunately EPT list is sorted based on date creation which is by default behavior and can not be changed at this time. As Guillaume mentioned you may need to update EPT's in desired order to update the sate stamp

Hope this helps

Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 4:19 PM
  • Hi Hrishi

See the post I linked for more information. This is a bug and it has already been solved with a patch.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:22 AM