Two (snom) desk phones with different Lync extensions, one shared exchange UM mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• I've never done the scenario where I have two separate phones with different extensions that will share a voicemail box.

I set-up the first user in Lync with enterprise voice and extension 2180 (tel:+15555555555;ext=2180). I then enabled them in Microsoft Exchange UM with the primary (2180) and secondary (2181) extension.

I then set-up a second user in Lync with enterprise voice with the extension 2181 (tel:+15555555555;ext=2181) I don't know how I would set-up exchange UM with this user, as exchange um extensions have to be unique.

When I go to call 2181, after the call expires it doesn't forward to the 2180 voicemail box, just give me the error "Disconnected, temporarily unavailable 2181"

What am I missing?

Environment:

Lync Server 2013

Exchange Server 2013 CU9
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 7:35 PM

All replies

• You don't add the extension of the shared um mailbox to the user account.

New-Mailbox -Shared -Name "Sales Department" -DisplayName "Sales Department" -Alias Sales | Set-Mailbox -GrantSendOnBehalfTo MarketingSG | Add-MailboxPermission -User MarketingSG -AccessRights FullAccess -InheritanceType All

Enable-UMMailbox -Identity "Sales Department" -UMMailboxPolicy MyUMMailboxPolicy -Extensions 2181 -PINExpired $true

Patrick de Rover

Monday, November 2, 2015 2:14 PM