how can i make Scom to collect and return performance data via Sdk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all!

I need to get real-time statistics from Scom (for example, every 5-15 seconds) for given object and performance counter, but i don't want to create many Rules with few-seconds interval counters because it takes very long time and garbages scom database.  Can i make (with Sdk) Scom to collect performance statistics at this moment and return it to me?

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 10:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does the following information help?

Collect custom perfomance data (using SDK)

http://www.systemcentercentral.com/Forums/tabid/60/categoryid/4/indexid/89359/Default.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:36 AM
  • no, it's other problem. I don't need to insert custom performance data, but i need to GET performance data for this moment with SDK without Rule creation.
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:42 AM
  • if i got it correctly. Use SCOM cmdlets Get-PerformanceCounter/Get-PerformanceCounterValue. In C# use 
    CustomMonitoringPerformanceData class.
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 3:10 PM
  • but.. how can i get real-time statistics Get-PerformanceCounter/CustomMonitoringPerformanceData?
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 10:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Monday, November 28, 2011 9:35 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by evgenij09 Thursday, December 1, 2011 12:36 PM
    Friday, November 25, 2011 11:56 AM
  • Thank you, but it's not real-time statistics. It's data from scom database: each sample value has TimeSampled and TimeAdded, but i need to query real-time statistics, not from database.
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 12:50 PM
  • what is "real-time statistics from Scom"? 
    Friday, December 2, 2011 8:08 AM
  • i want to make scom to collect performance data at the moment (not from database) and return it to me.
    • Edited by evgenij09 Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:49 PM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:48 PM
  • assuming.

you want SCOM agent to direct data not only to RMS/MS channel but also to your custom one.
    or you want agent recieved data on RMS/MS  directed not only to DB but also to your custom channel.

not sure this is possible.

data from SCOM db is quite actual, you may grab last data points for each metric.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 3:25 PM