Outlook suddenly showing times from Internet calendar in utc+0000 which is not what the appointment is set to RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an internet calendar that i have subscribed to for a while.

Suddenly the calendar in outlook 2016 on windows 10, started to show the internet calendar appointments in UTC +0000 time zone instead of UTC +1000 timezone. I have gone to the source, and checked it, and the appointments are definitely in the UTC +1000.

why last night (Aug 31st 2017) did outlook suddenly change the appointments to UTC +0000?

Please fix this as the source of the calendar is an O365 shared calendar, that is set to UTC+1000. having outlook show appointments in the wrong timezone makes it pointless in having the calendar at all.

This only impacts Internet Calendar's - Invites from colleagues are showing in correct time zone.

I have tried deleting, and re-adding the Internet Calendar, but the same result, 

• Edited by Matty_C_work Friday, September 1, 2017 2:39 AM Additional Information
    Friday, September 1, 2017 2:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Matty,

What's your local time zone setting in Windows 10? Also check the Outlook 2016 Time Zone setting in File > Options > Calendar > Time Zone.

I notice that this Internet Calendar is an Office 365 shared Calendar, please access this Office 365 mailbox in Outlook on the web, check the Time Zone setting for this mailbox in Settings > Options > General > Region and time zone.

In Outlook client, create a new appointment on this Calendar, check the time zone for this items. Also create another new appointment in the source shared calendar from the original mailbox in Outlook on the web (Office 365).

If the time zone is still shown incorrectly in all above scenarios, try to unsubscribe for this Calendar, remove caches in Outlook 2016, create a new Outlook profile and re-subscribe this Calendar in new profile to have a try.

Best Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 4, 2017 2:25 AM
  • Hi,

How about the issue currently? Has it been resolved?

If my reply is helpful to this question, you can mark it as answer so that it help others who stuck with the same question in the forum.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 3:00 AM