Shell command to remove delegate access in exchange server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a user A who provide delegate access to his calender to one associate-user B. After the user B left the company the ID was deleted. Now if any meeting request is sent to user A, sender receives Undeliverable e-mail. We have checked in outlook and does not have any delegate access. Do we have any shell command to remove the delegate access or any tool from the mailbox. I am using exchange server 2007 sp3. Please help.

Regards,

Sanjay Singh

Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to this technet article the cleanrules command should remove the missing delegate - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909638

Try to import the rules - if the delegate problem appears again you will have to create the rules manually (= I don't know if the delegate rule is in the exported rules, but I suspect that it is)

Leif

• Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:22 AM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:47 AM

All replies

• When i right click the PR_RULE_PROVIDER property is Schedule+EMS Interface to delete it.. the delete option is graded out. Solution provided in the link is not working..
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

Did you try to run Outlook with the /cleanrules switch?

Leif

Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:56 AM
  • I exported the rules from outlook first. I executed the clean rules command. i checked all the rules were gone. i have few questions:

1) Does this command removes the delegate access rules ?

2) Before running this command i gave delegate access of my calender to 1 user. After running /cleanrules command those delegates were still present.

3) If this removes the hidden delegate access rules. do i have to add the rules in outlook manually or i can import the rules i exported.

Regards,

Sanjay Singh

Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:14 AM
  • Hi,

According to this technet article the cleanrules command should remove the missing delegate - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909638

Try to import the rules - if the delegate problem appears again you will have to create the rules manually (= I don't know if the delegate rule is in the exported rules, but I suspect that it is)

Leif

• Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:22 AM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:47 AM