How to manually retrieve Default Client Settings again RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question about Default Client Settings in SCCM 2012.

In our Default Client Settings we've added two AD groups for Viewers of Remote Control and Remote Assistance (Administration>Client Settings>Default Client Settings>Properties>Remote Tools> Permitted viewers and then Set Viewers).

When I logon to a client computer and open Local User manager I can see these two AD groups added to the local group "ConfigMgr Remote Control Users".
    For testing I removed one of the member groups that was added.

Now the question; How does the removed group come back to the client? I've ran all the Configuration Manager Actions on the client but this doesn't work. It doesn't add the member which I removed. I also waited 60 minutes to see if it would come back automatically, but no. Of course I can manually add this group again, but that is not what I want. 
    Or is the local group for Remote Control only filled the first time the Configuration Manager Client is installed on a computer? Or maybe there is another mechanism which takes care of filling the Remote Control Users group?

• Edited by Musicmaker Tuesday, April 1, 2014 12:00 PM typo
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:44 PM

All replies

• The machine policy contains *all* instructions and settings for the managed client systems thus a simple machine policy refresh should restore anything manually undone. If you are not seeing this and can consistently reproduce the behavior described above, I'd suggest that you open a case with CSS (as that seems to imply a bug to me). I'm not in front of my test site right now to test this.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:23 PM
  • Today I added a new AD group to "Viewers".
    After that, I ran the machine policy retrieval on my client on which I previously removed a group. After I ran this, de ConfigMgr Remote Control Users group was filled again. This time with 3 AD groups. So the group I removed before was added again and my new group was also added.

Conclusion; if I make a change to the Default Client Settings it will push all the settings again to a client. But if you make a change locally, like removing a group, SCCM won't update this group again. It seems it doesn't do a verify on local settings unless something has changed in SCCM itself. Indeed it seems to imply a bug.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:32 PM