Why is do my images become non-visible in web layout view? RRS feed

• Question

• My MS Word product info: 2016 MSO (16.0.8201.2193) 32-bit

I am using word web layout view to share a report that is first generated in HTML. We import the report into word so that we can save it as a self-contained document with all of the images embedded in it. At a certain vertical length, the images will no longer display in the document. I can add more images horizontally across the page but vertically there appears to be some sort of hardcoded vertical limitation. I need a fix or workaround for this.

The reason for importing the report into word is so that we can annotate the report and add engineering recommendations. It also helps us comply with corporate documentation requirements.

I tested this problem by copying and pasting a test image numerous times into a document while in web layout view. What I have found is that I can still see text beyond the hard limit for images, but all images beyond that point will be resized to 0 vertical pixels and stacked right at the limit boundary. I have already tried applying every type of 'text wrap' setting as well as 'size and position' settings.

For some reason, my account isn't yet verified. I will add pictures to this post when I can figure that out.

Thursday, January 25, 2018 3:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Would you mind to share a picture of your image display issue in Web layout view to us via  GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.com? Please involve the thread URL in the email message for easy follow-up :)

I tried to copy and paste a test image numerous into a document while in web layout view and there is no issue with the picture display. The pasted picture would automatically inserted to next line when the first line is full with pictures.

Additionally, I suggest you can update your Office 2016 to the latest version. In Word 2016, go to File > Account > Updates Options, click Update Now.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, January 26, 2018 9:29 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates on your issue?

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 29, 2018 9:43 AM